Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU Turns in Great Post Season Games for the CF Fan.

+2 HS
Wargor's picture
January 3, 2022 at 4:41pm
19 Comments

I have this feeling that OSU delivers great bowl games at a rate higher than most other teams.  

Since 2000:

23 post season appearances.  4 blow out losses.  3 blow out wins *.  That leaves 16 out of 23 games as two score or less.  11 of those were by one score or less.

*  One of these was the most recent game against Clemson (21 point margin, but not a snoozer even for a non buckeye).  Another was the 22 point win against Oregon in the first playoff championship.  We dominated, but did turn the ball over enough to keep it somewhat interesting for a non-OSU fan.

By way of comparison, Alabama has had 24 post season games in that time period.  9 blow out wins.  1 blow out loss.  14 games at two scores or less.  8 by one score or less.  

For further comparison, Clemson has also had 24 post season games in that period. 6 blow out wins. 6 blow out losses.  Leaves 12 games at two scores or less.  9 by one score or less.

Now, this isn't a post about success.  Bama's got that, and we all know it.  I'm talking about entertainment.  My contention is that your odds of having a good bowl game to watch for a fan of college football are higher with OSU than many other teams.  Obviously not an exhaustive analysis, just something I noticed and checked against our close competition. 

OSU is entertaining.  Change my mind. ;)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments