Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Preparing for THE GAME!

+2 HS
Kneelblender's picture
November 24, 2021 at 9:04am
17 Comments

Before a big game for the Buckeyes, I like to think about each position and which team has the better player - who would you pick for your own team.  After doing this, I am even MORE confident about this weekend.

Offense

Offensive Line

I will not go through and name every player, but I would take every OSU player over UMs.  Wolverines are solid, but every player on our line will be drafted....not even a question

Tight End

To me, this is a push.  I love Ruckert, but Erick All has rebounded from a sub-par season and it a legitimate threat and can block.

QB

This is not open to debate....Stroud in a landslide

RB

Again - Henderson over anything UM can throw out there - Haskins is a typical UM back - he is strong, but will not make a guy miss.  Corum is shifty, but not overly powerful and needs to a hole.   Edwards is a guy OSU basically passed on - he has ability and a chip.

WRs

Really?  Do we even need to discuss?

So - let's recap the offense.   I would take OSU's entire offense...MAYBE pausing at TE.

On offense

OSU 10

UM 1 (maybe)

DEFENSE

This will be a bit more interesting!

NT

I take Jackson/Cage over Hinton, although he is a solid player

DT

Haskell Garrett over anyone....including Mazi Smith

DEs

Ok..here I have concern.   I would take Hutchinson AND Ojabo over Smith and Harrison.   Hutchinson takes a much more direct line to the QB than Harrison AND still protects the end. Tyreke Smith is actually supremely athletic and is a very nice player, but Ojabo is 6'5 and has a motor.

LBs

I will take both of the UM LBs - Ross is clearly an animal - he makes a lot of tackles and he finds the ball. Colson is a tremendous LB and covers a lot of space.   Simon is solid IF he is 100% healthy and Steele Chambers is instinctive, but not elite..yet.   Mitchell is solid, but I fear that LBs go to the Wolverines.

CBs

I take Burke from  the good guys and I think it is a toss up from there.  I will take Gray from Michigan, but I see no separation..

Free Safety

UM gets the nod with Moore.   Bryason Shaw has improved and is faster/more athletic than we are seeing, but he still gets out of place too often.

Strong Safety

Daxton Hill is legit. 

Nickleback

Every team has a "name" for extra back, whatever you want to call is fine.

I will go with Hickman here - he is a heat seeking missile.

So - on Defense, I have

OSU 4

Michigan 7

We are VERY young on defense and very capable, but this is how I see it.   Can UM slow down our ELITE offense?  I do not believe they can...but, they will show up.

For kicking, I think we take both.

Go Bucks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments