Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Playoff + NY6 Bowl Projections

+1 HS
Spartan13's picture
November 2, 2021 at 11:54pm
54 Comments

I normally do a path to the playoffs thread every week but it is clear OSU will be the #2 seed if they win out. This committee cares very little about loses and its more of an eye test type of ranking. So as of now here is my projected NY6 bowls:

• Orange Bowl(playoff): UGA vs Bama- There is a 0% chance that UC makes the playoffs so Bama gets this spot by default. Honestly if you don't think 2 SEC teams are making the playoffs at this point you are a little crazy. The committee gave the SEC the top 0, 1, 2 and 3 loss rankings. Auburn 13 while MSST is 5-3 and up at 17. 5-3 PSU with 2 ranked losses and a win over Auburn/Wisconsin isn't ranked. I think Oregon loses and they give a rematch to Bama. 
  • Cotton: OSU vs Oklahoma(playoff)- These two teams have a really hard road to get here but I think they will make it. Oklahoma has Baylor, ISU, OkState, and the championship game. This isn't the best matchup for OSU but the talent difference should be evident. 
  • Rose Bowl(B1G vs Pac12): Michigan State vs Oregon- MSU with a win over Michigan and chaos in the west will get the best bowl game of the year. They just need to survive Purdue and Maryland and can lose to OSU/PSU and still get this spot. Oregon wins the Pac12 but misses the playoffs and get a good consolation. This would be a really interesting game. 
  • Sugar(SEC vs Big12): Texas A&M vs Oklahoma State. A&M will be the top SEC team after they beat Auburn that isn't in the playoff. Ok State will lose to OU but already beat ISU and Baylor and have an easy slate before OU. They should be 10-2.
  • Peach(at large vs at large): Michigan vs Notre Dame- The Peach would get the top teams not selected to the playoffs or Sugar/Rose. This would be a fantastic bowl game against rivals who rarely play each other. Notre Dame is probably going to win out and Michigan should finish no worse than 10-2 if they beat PSU. 
  • Fiesta(at large vs at large): Wake Forest vs UC: Fiesta gets the last picks this year. In this scenario they get the ACC winner in Wake and top G5 team in UC. UC will come in pissed about missing the playoffs and want to show they can win a NY6 game. Wake may take a couple Ls on the way but will still win the ACC. This could be a fun game with a good passing offense vs UC's good pass defense. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments