Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

CBS Bowl Projections, OSU vs Wake Forest Baby!!!

+3 HS
Spartan13's picture
October 10, 2021 at 10:29pm
84 Comments

The halfway mark has been reached in the CFB season and CBS has released a bowl projection. Don't shoot the messanger CBS thinks is going to happen. And yes this is a projection and not a "bowl if they happened today" thing. 

Playoffs 
UGA(1) vs UC(4) and Iowa(2) vs Oklahoma(3)
The explanation is these 4 teams will win out and be the choices as undefeated teams. Notably 13-0 UC would be selected over Oregon. 0% chance this happens but cool to think about Iowa in the playoffs I guess.

NY6
Rose Bowl-PSU vs Oregon, I guess PSU wins out and loses again to Iowa and is then rewarded with getting to play Oregon in the Rose. 
Peach-OSU vs Wake Forest-Undeafeted Wake Forest wins the ACC and gets the honor of being turned into human chum in the Peach bowl by an OSU team that fails to win out. Dude had to be chuckling as he wrote this. 
Fiesta-Notre Dame vs Michigan-This one actually could happen if Michigan can go 10-2 and beat MSU while Notre Dame goes 10-2ish. This would be a really fun game that would have quite a bit of meaning for Harbaugh who has had very little bowl success. 
Sugar-Alabama vs Texas-Bama misses the playoffs but the sugar bowl is a fine consolation prize. 

Other B1G bowls: 
Citrus MSU vs UK
Outback Nebraska vs Arkansas
Las Vegas UCLA vs Indiana(how tf is Indiana bowl eligible?)
Music City Minnesota vs Ole Miss
Pinstripe BC vs Rutgers
Guaranteed Rate Wisconsin vs WVU

I am sure it is hard to project this many teams but it is mathematically impossible for this many B1G teams to make bowl games if there arent a huge number of upsets of the top of the conference. He also isnt projecting those upsets with 4 teams in the playoffs/NY6. 
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/bowls/predictions/

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments