Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defense Looks Light Years Better then Where They Were

+20 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
October 9, 2021 at 4:00pm
132 Comments

We all remember the Oregon game, where we sat in the same formation play after play after play just watching the Oregon running backs run to the same side of the field over and over again. A blind person could call out the play that was going to be run.

Since then we have seen drastic improvement in the defense. Mixing up looks pre snap, shifting post snap.

Defensive line is starting to exert itself and yes I'm loving Tyleik Williams and yes I believe he will be a first round draft pick in 3 years. But the entire defensive line is starting to come together. The linebackers who have been the bane of our existence for what feels like 10 years are starting to fly around. Cody Simon is a stud, and Steele Chambers reminds me of Darrin Lee. Even Eichenberg is making plays.

The secondary is going to be scary, Denzel Burke is our best corner, Ronnie Hickman should change his last name to Hitman. Even Bryson Shaw is playing better.

We don't need a shut down defense, we just need the defense to make a few stops every game and allow the offense (which is also starting to click) to get the ball to our playmakers.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 132 Comments