Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

HOMECOMING PARADE BUCKEYE PRIDE

+11 HS
remraf_buckeye's picture
October 8, 2021 at 9:46am
12 Comments

I will be the first to acknowledge that Homecoming at Ohio State is not a huge deal culturally compared to many other institutions (CC: Oklahoma State University)

HOWEVER

My brother and I were members of FarmHouse Fraternity and one of our chapter's favorite activities was competing in the annual Homecoming float contest. Our chapter (averaging 25 members) competes every year to win the contest while highlighting Ohio State football. We have placed 1st or 2nd every year for the last ten years. Our main rival is the COLLEGE of dentistry (which we take a lot of pride in since they are a whole college and we are a pretty small group of Ag guys lol).

Our chapter was primed to compete in this due to the number of Agricultural Engineers we always had who could create automated systems for our floats to be able to move.

Anyway I thought it would be fun to post a few of the videos of our floats through the years as they always incorporate OSU football.

"The Devil is in the Detail"

Here are my favorites:

2016 VS Rutgers "Brutus Kicks The Cannon"

2017 VS Maryland "Brutus Beats Harbaugh w/ A Terrapin"

2019 VS MSU "Brutus Steals A Chariot"

2013 VS Iowa: FULL Video of the process

Just thought y'all might appreciate this! Thanks for checking it out! Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments