Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Needs to Happen to Make the Playoffs

-2 HS
buckeyeinlakelandfl's picture
September 12, 2021 at 9:11am
62 Comments

I know we have only played 2 games and this is probably an over-reaction but we still have a chance. IMO the below needs to take place for that to happen. I am going to assume that Alabama(SEC winner), Oklahoma(Big12 winner---weak conference, do not see them losing) and Clemson(ACC winner---even weaker conference, do not see them losing) will occupy the top 3 spots. This leaves a bunch of teams fighting for the 4th spot

1. Win out--this is the most obvious but unless we fix the defense and possibly other changes, I just don't see it happening

2. Oregon needs to lose twice based on head to head results

3. Georgia needs to lose twice. If their only loss is against Bama, they are in

4. Notre Dame needs to lose at least once. Based on their game against Toledo, I don't see that being a problem but since they are a "national" brand, I feel the need to include them here. If they end up with one loss, I think we get in over them as we would be conference champs

Of course there are other teams that can still make some noise( but I feel the above teams represent the biggest threat to the 4th spot

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments