Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State Offensive Lineman Harry Miller Nominated to AFCA Good Works Team

Dan Hope's picture
July 21, 2021 at 11:29am
14 Comments

Ohio State offensive lineman Harry Miller was one of 109 college football players named Wednesday as nominees for this year's AFCA Good Works Team, which recognizes athletes for “exemplary community service, alongside their academic dedication and impact on and off the field.”

Miller has been giving back since before he even arrived at Ohio State through Mission 4 Nicaragua, a nonprofit for which he is a board member. Since 2014, Miller has made regular trips to Nicaragua, where his nonprofit operates a school and provides food, medicine and other resources to children in need.

Most recently, Miller used his name, image and likeness to sell apparel through a two-week pop-up shop, with all proceeds going to the nonprofit.

“I’m tremendously fortunate to have good friends, a good family support system, clothes, food,” Miller told the Columbus Dispatch. “I have my guitars and my books, so there's not really much else I'm looking to buy. The reality is that the money can get stretched a lot further for a lot more people, and therefore, it's the most utilitarian thing to do. It would be uncouth of me to not take note of that, especially for a community that's been so supportive of me for upwards of a decade now. They deserve it.”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments