Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Favorite Buckeye Player by Era? Least Favorite Michigan Player by Era?

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
July 9, 2021 at 8:47am
51 Comments

So for me, I'm in my mid-late 30's, so I wasn't around for the 10 year war, Earl Bruce's run as the Buckeyes head coach was also a bit before my time...

I grew up as one of the lowly bastard sons of the John Cooper era... Now, I love coach Cooper, don't get me wrong, but I like many from that era lost bits and pieces of my soul year after year when Michigan would continually make our beloved Buckeyes look foolish time and time again... And of course along with that time in history, Michigan put plenty of players on the field that I think we all had an extremely intense disdain for, no?

Got me thinking, I can say that I have been a tried and true Buckeye supporter/obsessed/homer/fan/appreciator whatever your preferred adjective is, through the John Cooper era, the Jim Tressel era, the Urban Meyer era, and now for the Ryan Day era... So for each era, here is/was my favorite Buckeye player and my least favorite wolverine...

John Cooper era:

Favorite Buckeye: Eddie George (all-time favorite Buckeye); honorable mention Antoine Winfield

Most disliked Michigan player: Desmond Howard (easy one)

Jim Tressel era:

Favorite Buckeye: Malcolm Jenkins (arguably my second favorite Buckeye all-time) honorable mention: Nick Mangold

Most disliked Michigan player: Mike Hart (another easy one); honorable mention would be Braylon Edwards

Urban Meyer era: one aside; this is where it gets tricky, it got a bit more difficult to dislike Michigan players during this period of time because, let's be honest, this is where the rivalry really stopped being a rivalry

Favorite Buckeye: Joey Bosa OR (if the coaches can do it on the DC I can do it here) Ezekiel Elliott

Most disliked Michigan player: Chase Winovich

Ryan Day era:

Favorite Buckeye: Justin Fields OR Chase Young

Most disliked Michigan player: It's too soon to know for sure, plus it feels like their roster understands that they're not on the level of the Buckeyes currently and not many of their players are talking out of their rear-ends as of late. This one we'll label as TBD for now.

Let's hear from you 11w? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments