Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Assessing Minnesota's Strength

+11 HS
burger1124's picture
May 19, 2021 at 10:27am
87 Comments

I know it's PEAK OFFSEASON but thought maybe we could try to discuss the Minnesota season opener. Aside from the fact that everything about the logistics of the game scream "It's a trap," (Thursday night road game?) Minnesota is returning a sneaky-good team this year, but I can't find much, if any, national attention or breakdowns of their squad.

What I know so far is they're returning 20 of 22 starters from 2020, and they've brought in at least 8 transfers. QB needs refinement, and their WR corps needs someone to step up and become "the man," but their RB is great, their tight ends are some of the best in the B1G, and their O-line is very experienced. The biggest question marks seem to come on defense, where their interior D-line is excellent, but their d-ends, linebackers, and DBs all are either green or need serious improvement from last season.

What am I missing here? Anyone have more info on what kind of threat they actually pose? And how do you see their season shaking out post-OSU?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments