Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Rewatching TreVeyon’s Highlights

+7 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
April 11, 2021 at 6:10am
47 Comments

https://youtu.be/vhCh0VZq55s

For purely entertainment purposes and following removal of his black stripe, I decided to pop in the tape of TreVeyon Henderson’s “Ultimate Highlights” and boy were they ultimate! TreVeyon gives us 10 solid minutes of pure, unadulterated, taking the skin to the house- and yes I’m talking about scoring...touchdowns, obviously.

Some really cool things stood out to me and I want to get your thoughts as well:

1) It’s like he knows exactly where to go to gash the defense- like he has a magic genie telling him the exact path he needs to run and exactly what he needs to do to score a TD BEFORE the play even starts. His instincts for finding the hole and making the appropriate cuts are uncanny. 

2) He has faster than 4.6 speed. Maybe he’s green at all the technical aspects of bringing down the 40 time, but his tape shows at least 4.4 speed. I’ve poured over a lot of tape over the years and his speed is elite. No one is catching him if he gets behind the D. Another way he uses his speed is he makes cuts behind the defender and by the time they turn to adjust he’s already gone. One of the kick return highlights has no one within 20 yards of him as he’s crossing the goal line. 

3) Jukes are overrated? There’s not too much juking going on in his highlights because, as I mentioned above, he reads the holes and then hits them with such explosiveness that he doesn’t even need to juke. Maybe he has jukes that we’ll see but he sure as heck didn’t need them here. He does cut very nicely, also as I mentioned above, and just has an instinct for finding the right path to the end zone. 

4) He sheds tackles. He has the perfect size to be really fast and hard to find in a crowded hole, but the strength to brush people off that put arms around him. I know this is a stretch but I thought of Jim Brown and how he made it look like people would just melt off of him with little effort- I saw some of that here as well. On one play he catches a pass with 3 people converging on him to make the tackle and the next thing you know the pile of people crashes to the ground while TreVeyon bursts out of there like an X-wing out of an exploding Death Star. 

5) Some highlights will net you 2 minutes before the player starts getting tackled, some will net you 5, TreVeyon gave us TEN SOLID MINUTES! The only time he went down was during a diving interception where the play was called dead then and there. I mean, how much more impressive can a high school RB look on film?

I am so excited to see him carry the rock in S&G and with the amazing O-line we have blocking for him, I expect to see great things from him in his freshman year. 

Happy Sunday Buckeye Nation! Is it Fall yet?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments