Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Perspective on Last Night and on the State of the Program

+7 HS
domeeye's picture
January 12, 2021 at 9:12am
38 Comments

First of all, I am not usually the “everything is okay!!” and “we should always be happy no matter what!” kind of guy. I think as a fan base we need to keep the standard of “national championship or bust”. However, being a fan means being a fan win or lose- and we should still be proud of this team. First, we stomped Clemson in one of the most epic/gutsy performances we’ve ever seen and shut Dabo up. So huge for us.

Secondly, we lost against one of the best cfb teams of all time. Think about this- they had 3/4 projected first rounders in LAST YEARS draft come back (Leatherwood, Devonta Smith, Najee, and Dylan Moses). Imagine if we still had Dobbins, Arnette, Dalvon Hamilton, and Jonah Jackson- and that still isn’t even comparable to what they brought back. Also we lost our 2 best defenders (Togiai and Smith) and star running back lol. Now I think it can be simultaneously true that our defense sucked, but we can still be proud of how we competed against that beast of a team (it was 14-14 at one point and even 24-38 in the 2nd half). 

With all that being said, we need to keep recruiting up at an elite level and coaching needs to have a high standard of excellence. As a fan base, consistently getting 2nd place should not be the goal. I’m looking for Coombs to respond and get our defense in shape next year. All things considered, we have had an epic last two seasons with a lot to root for. We’ve had a lot of very special guys to have come through this program and be a part of the Buckeye brotherhood and make us proud. We are still at the table of the cfb elite with Clemson and Bama and have a hell of a lot to be proud of. Let’s kick ass next season. National championship or bust ;)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments