Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: What Are Some of Your National Championship Game Memories? What Are Your Plans for Monday Evening?

11W Staff's picture
January 11, 2021 at 8:00am
62 Comments

What were you doing during Ohio State's last few national title appearances? Any fond memories of those particular days? And what are your plans for Monday night's event? 

2002 season: Watched the game with two close friends. Did not go into it with high hopes at all. That changed quickly when the defense started pressuring Dorsey with relative ease. My grandpa (who is now nearing 90) called me before the game and predicted an overtime win for the good guys. He's always been wise.

2006-07: Watched the game in the living room of our college house. The opening kick return was wild, and then everything was pretty awful. I think I went back to my bedroom in the third quarter and probably cried myself to sleep.

2007-08: Went into the game with confidence. Watched it in Bowling Green with some friends and left heartbroken. I had won a lot of money with CFB/NFL betting that year. I then put all the winnings on Ohio State to cover. I didn't bet on sports for 10 years after that. 

2014-15: Knew we were going to roll Oregon after the Bama win. Watched the game with my dog. Mariota scared me a little and the first scripted drive gave me a smidge of doubt, but I knew Ohio State was going to win. 

2020-21: Will be watching at home with the same canine. Probably going to order some wings with hot honey sauce. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments