Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

When We Hoist the Gold National Championship Trophy Monday Night...

+10 HS
Sloopy1976's picture
January 8, 2021 at 10:22am
44 Comments

Will it taste sweeter than our win over Clemson? 

Look...Bama is a GREAT team, and we have our work cut out for us Monday night. We are also dealing with COVID issues (for some reason Bama's players went home for Christmas and still don't have issues). All the talk on this board is about COVID, we're going to be short-handed, losing Togiai and Smith is a huge blow, Fields won't be 100%, etc. Well, I'm here to talk about why we will actually win the game, because I sincerely think we are going to come out as winners. I'm not a honk, and while I do wear my scarlet colored glasses 365 days a year, I have a great feeling about Monday's game. And no disrespect to Bama because they are an amazing program with an amazing coach, culture and group of plays. Here are some reasons why I think we will win:

1. Mac Jones is not a mobile QB. While the Bama O Line is fantastic, we have guys with motors that grind for 60 minutes. We will get pressure and we will force Mac into some bad throws that either get picked or kill drives. 

2. Our LBs are so underrated. All this talk about who will be out on our D Line but no one is talking about the combo of Werner, Hilliard, Browning, and Borland. They will shine and help to limit Harris. 

3. Our offense is rolling and Fields cannot be stopped. Even if they slow him a bit, Trey Sermon is on his way to a similar 3 game performance that Zeke had in 2014. We are so diverse on offense it is scary. 

4. Ryan Day coached is ass off against Clemson and I think he has a lot more in store for Bama. This guy just coached the perfect game last week. During our 6 game season we wondered why he wasn't calling plays for the TE and his playcalling was definitely "off." Little did we know that he was making sure he didn't put much on tape for Clemson and Bama in the playoffs. Don't be surprised when he calls a perfect game again on Monday night. 

5. Our offensive line will eat Monday night. Actually, I think both O Lines will eat, but our front seven, even without Togiai, is better than Bama's, so while our front seven will limit Harris, their defense will do little to slow down the Slobs 2.0.

6. We're a team of destiny. The culture of our program and the brotherhood is 100% real. It is for this very reason that I think it doesn't matter if we are missing Togiai and Smith. While they are a part of the heartbeat of our program, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Men will step up in their absence (if they are in fact ruled out).

GO BUCKS!

One more victory to go! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments