Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Alabama OL Alex Leatherwood and His Interesting Comments on Ohio State

+2 HS
Cooper's picture
January 6, 2021 at 11:45am
72 Comments

I realize this will likely be included in the presser notes, so feel free to delete this if necessary. When asked about playing the Ohio State defense, Alabama offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood said "We're going to step up to the challenge and see if they want to play football."

This is just such a weird comment to make. Maybe OSU players will take this comment to heart, but I do not necessarily view it that way. I just find it extremely odd that he would make this comment after Ohio State came off a dominating and physical win against a very good team. After all of the comments from Mac, Devonta, Surtain, etc. that showed humility regarding this game, it definitely is interesting a player would deviate and potentially provide some bulletin board material. Whether that material affects anything, who knows, but we do know for sure Ohio State players will not let you off the hook if you say something stupid.

*Readers note* Apparently there are multiple iterations of the transcript. We will know his exact comments and tone when video is provided, I suppose.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 72 Comments