Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Clemson

+14 HS
Large Father's picture
December 30, 2020 at 5:50pm
13 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,    

Poor Ohio State.

They really have no chance against Clemson in the College Football Playoff semifinal.

It’s a matchup of David versus Goliath. 

The Ohio State football program is just such a small program. They don’t recruit at a high-level, relying mostly on low-rated kids from Central Ohio.  The program is a footnote.  The Buckeyes don’t have much support from their fanbase and generate little revenue or excitement.

The OSU facilities are so rinky-dink and not really accommodating for players to develop into NFL stars. None of the offensive or defensive lineman will be taken in the early rounds of the next two NFL drafts.

Ohio State is relying on a bunch of lightly-paid coaches who have little experience at their craft. None of them have coached since before I was born. These poor coaches are just scraping by financially and trying to put together a program by working with scraps. I’m sure they will get out-coached in every aspect and have a look of bewilderment throughout the game.

The Buckeye team really has no heart. They are not motivated to win this game or compete at a high-level, complacent to just make the trip and get home as soon as possible to enjoy life in obscurity.

This OSU program doesn’t practice and train very hard. They are soft.  The coaches don’t hold these players accountable for much other than just showing up for games to take their lumps. The players don't play for each other.  None of them decided to opt back in to play this season with a chance to play Clemson one more time.

It’s really an unfair matchup for such a small program to take on this challenge. Ohio State didn’t kick Clemson‘s ass in the first 20 minutes of their match up last year even though the score wasn’t indicative of how much of an ass-kicking it was.

I’m sure the OSU players are just happy to be there and don’t mind telling their grandkids years from now about how they made it to the CFP but bowed out because they were just too overmatched.

It’s been fun while it lasted.

...and I’m ready to see Ohio State kick Clemson’s ass again and not take their foot off the gas pedal this time.  

Touchdowns:  Olave, Olave, Wilson, Fields, Sermon, Sermon 

OSU 45 Clemson 42

Go Bucks!  Beat Clemson!  Wyatt Davis for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments