Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Justin Fields in 2020 (and Beyond)

-1 HS
JM's picture
December 28, 2020 at 3:10pm
38 Comments

A couple of hours ago I saw the term "Ohio State QB" trending on Twitter and was immediately terrified something happened Justin only to learn that it was Twitter being Twitter about Haskins situation. Then, I pulled up the newest 4 to 6 with A&B (Ari Wasserman and Bill Landis) podcast and they raised a great topic. 

Specifically, what is at the root of the struggles we've seen from Justin Fields this year. Is it the overwhelming weight of trying to do too much in a truncated season? Is it the stopping and starting that has been necessitated by the pandemic? Is it, dare I say, Corey Dennis related? Or maybe – all of these things?

Surely moving from Mike Yurich to Corey Dennis had to be an adjustment for him, but hell – 2020 has been nothing but adjustments for basically every living soul on the planet. So what is is that has caused Fields to have something of a 'sophomore slump' (even though he's a Junior). 

Talent wise – Justin is off the chart. Landis brought up a great point that I may be inclined to agree with. That Fields had this whole season sort of on his shoulders – he even lobbied for us to have one in the first place. So there's a ton of pressure there now between going undefeated, impressing NFL scouts, trying to win a Heisman. Well.. the Heisman thing isn't happening. We are undefeated and exactly where we want to be – in a rematch with that school from South Carolina. 

I really do believe Justin can settle in and be the electrifying playmaker we all know he can be. I just hope he can get there in the two week interval between the B1G title game and the Semi-Final. If any pair can cook it up – Day and Fields can. Our hopes of beating that team really do rest on them both. They are going to get theirs. We have to get ours.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments