Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Way Too Early Roster Projections: The Game 2019

+9 HS
'57Champs's picture
July 25, 2019 at 11:16am
56 Comments

I did this last year to mixed review, but the projected starting lineups have been updated.  I took a look at the recruit (or transfer) rating and position ranking for each player that MIGHT start in The Game:

Couple Observations:

- I understand that player development is a huge component that this chart doesn't account for, but an average player rating difference of 5%, and an average position ranking difference over 20 seems significant.

- Their offense seems improved overall, but it doesn't compare to ours, and I think RB and OT are still huge issues for them.

- They only have ONE player on defense that is rated higher than anyone we have on D, which is at DT.  This is really interesting because DT might be OSU's strongest position group on their whole team.

- I tried to be true to who I really think is on track to start, instead of playing to the rankings.  However, I did take 2 liberties where I really want to see a change: one is getting the right LBs on the field, and the other is Okudah/Wade over Arnette/Okudah.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments