Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Backup Quarterback Discussion

+3 HS
Burritos Noches's picture
August 2, 2017 at 11:48am
101 Comments

Can anyone give some historical or hypothetical insight as to what will happen with the backup quarterback situation in the next 18 months? I am just as excited for the 2017 season as the next guy, but every time I read something about the backup QBs I get anxious for negative controversy in the future. One of them will leave before 2018 is over, right?

The way I see it is either Haskins or Burrow gets the nod during the Indiana game in the 4th quarter, which means that if it's Haskins, Burrow doesn't have a clear path to the starting job in his career and will be tempted to look elsewhere for that role.

If it's Burrow, then unless Tate Martell is unbelievable he'll see nothing but another 2-3 years of back up before he even gets a shot (I've heard nothing but great things about Haskins). And that's only if Emory Jones in the 2018 class isn't an absolute stud (which, again, I've heard over and over). 

So either Martell or Burrow jumps in 2018 for an easier route to a starting job. Am I way off here? I 100% believe in the culture at Ohio State, but those guys know they would be starters at almost any other school.

Talk me out of it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments