Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Springboro HS OLB comments on Josh Myers, OL commit from Miamisburg

+12 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
July 13, 2017 at 10:59am
44 Comments

I work part-time at Runner's Plus in Dayton, and I had a really interesting conversation with a kid who just graduated from Springboro HS, which is in the south Dayton area, right around where Miamisburg is, which is where our own Josh Myers played his high school ball.

The kid was wearing a SHS football shirt, so I asked him what year he was, and he said he had just graduated.

I then asked him if he knew Josh Myers from Miamisburg...  The look on his face was almost like I had incited a bad dream or something...  He goes, "oh yeah, I know Josh, our whole LB corps knows josh, our entire DL knows Josh, most of our DBs know him too..."

His mom then chimed in and said that Josh was the scariest kid on the field all four years that he played.

The kid told me that they had a play where they sent him, and a safety on a blitz to pick up, what they believed to be a sweep to Josh's side (Miamisburg was a run heavy offense).  He said the plan was for he and the safety to both get wide with the safety going out beyond him to try and create a contain so the RB couldn't get back to the line to the wide side of the field...  Josh moved laterally and planted the kid on his backside, then was able to shift out wide in front of the RB and smash the safety so the RB was able to have an open field for about a 12 yard gain.

We chatted it up a bit talking about D-1 football in Ohio and how underrated the programs are nationally. He actually had some D-2 and 3 offers, but elected to stay home and go to UD for academics.

Good kid, and he reinforced the belief that Myers is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments