Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

JTB's OVI will punish him enough

0 HS
UrbanRenewal's picture
November 3, 2015 at 12:40pm
38 Comments

Of all the players to get an OVI on our team, J.T. Barrett would have been probably the last one I would have guessed. No knock on anyone else but.. J.T. has acted like a professional ever since I have seen him play his first game. From 11w reporting rave reviews on his leadership skills, earning captaincy this year, players raving about his work ethic and demeanor, this was truly shocking. But, piling on J.T. is really the last thing Buckeye fans should do. I was charged and convicted of an O.V.I last year. It has completely altered my life. 425 for OVI school, 750 lawyer fees, 815 state fines, 3 days of missed work, 5 court appearances, 450 license re instatement fees, suspended license 6 months, embarrassment for my family, 125 for work driving permit, and that shit on my record. I was 21 years old. Luckily I didn't lose my job but all of that because I had 1 too many beers at a sports bar. It is probably the worst non felony you can get and Barrett will pay for his mistake. So saying his punishment is light.. that is bullshit. He will pay, i promise you, if convicted. 11w mentioned he was over Ohio's legal limit of .08 but that doesn't apply to him at all since he was under 21. JT didn't hurt anybody and neither did I but with drunk driving affecting so many people's lives in horrible ways, you kind of have to bear that burden. They really have cracked down on OVI punishments because of all the horrible things that have happened. I have heard people say.. 1. Drinking underage? That is appalling! 18, 19, 20 yr old kids drink in college?! No way. That is absurd. 2. Barrett wasn't taken to jail because he is a star athlete at OSU! I wasn't taken to jail either.. I was arrested by Ohio State Highway Patrol, took me down to station to do another bigger breathalyzer, blew .092, gave me my ticket and drove me home after I couldn't get a hold of someone to pick me up. That OSU star treatment is horse shit. I was sent home and I am nothing special I promise. Look everybody, Barrett will pay. But acting as if everything he has done before this was a lie or is negated is ridiculous. Yeah I was shocked too but move on. My family was shocked when I had my OVI but bitching about it won't change it. Just support and realize what he has done for us. He is Buckeye family and we do not turn our back on family, even when shit goes wrong. Best of luck to you JT, I am pulling for you. OVI's suck and are life altering but just like DJ mentions.. E+R=O.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments