Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Predict JT Barrett's stat line in his first start this year at Rutgers.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
October 21, 2015 at 7:43pm
56 Comments

Update: Barrett was 14-for-18 passing for 223 yards with three touchdowns and also carried the ball 12 times for 102 yards and two additional scores. How did you do?

Just a couple thoughts after the news has settled in and we have had a chance to process. I'm very happy for JT, and I think he will flourish in the offense. I'm hoping Cardale can stay engaged at least by taking mental reps, staying on top of things with the headsets, and coaching up players. Maybe he can also get a few downs are series in special situations as well.

After the news broke, it seems like some are downplaying JT's passing ability, and only emphasizing his ability to run the read option. One guy from BSB said it was a shortsighted decision. I'm not sure where these people are coming from with these comments. Is it just for click bait, or are they building an excuse for themselves to say I told you so if things don't work out? Granted JT wasn't a world beater earlier in the season (perhaps from not getting reps in the Spring and maybe still not 100 percent healthy) and Cardale hasn't been as awful as people think., but this is the right decision.

Where are people getting the idea that JT isn't a very good passer? From last years body of work, it's clear he is decisive and accurate. He can also throw the deep ball when called upon. Just by looking at the MSU film from last year shows he can make all the throws. It's not like his throws are shot out of a cannon like Cardale's but they are more than adequate.

With all that being said, what is your prediction for JT's stat line against Rutgers?

I'm going with:

215 yards passing, 88 yards rushing with 3 passing touchdowns and 2 running touchdowns.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments