Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Former PSU players on what the OSU game means to them

0 HS
John Cooper's lucky pig's picture
October 17, 2015 at 8:35am
24 Comments

Continuing on the theme of #PSUMildDislikeWeek, Black Shoe Diaries asked some former Penn State players about playing against the Buckeyes. The answers given demonstrate that the delusion surrounding the Nittany Lions program extends even to the players.

Stephen Obeng-Agyapong

Although the PSU/OSU game isn't classified as a traditional rivalry such as Notre Dame or Pitt would be, the matchup has grown to be the game that is circled on Nittany Nation's calendar every year. 

Penn State tries to make everyone their rival. PSU-ND have played a total of 19 times and only twice in the past 23 years.

Malcolm Willis

Ohio State vs Penn State is the mecca! 

I suppose this is true in the sense that virtually each time Penn State makes their pilgrimage to Columbus they end up getting trampled and crushed.

Jeremy Kapinos

You could always tell when it was Ohio State week, the coaches seemed to "pucker" up a little extra...Their fans are among the classiest in the Big Ten and I don't think I ever heard anyone curse out my mother, tell me I was worthless, or tell me I would be working for them one day. 

I hate to break it to you, Jeremy, but fans generally don't taunt the punter. It takes a truly exceptional kicker, someone like Sebastian Janikowski perhaps, to energize an opposing fan base into giving a damn about you.

I tried finding a similar article detailing former Buckeyes' feelings toward Penn State but kept getting redirected to this image:

You can read the full article here: http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2015/10/16/9528575/we-asked-former-penn-...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments