Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Gibson Leaving?

0 HS
FROMTHE18's picture
October 16, 2015 at 7:00pm
206 Comments

Apologies if this has been discussed, I looked around and couldn't find it but a friend in the Athletic Department said that Gibson didn't show up to meetings and practice a couple times this week and that the thought is that the coaches are trying to prevent him from leaving the program. I was only told about it because I was talking to them last week over a couple beers about my thoughts on whether or not Gibson would redshirt even after switching positions to avoid it. Has anyone heard about this? Not trying to start a rumour, just checking on some information that was passed on to me from a friend who has been pretty accurate with past stories (e.g., told me about the possible and (eventually) actual suspensions back in late January). 

Add-In: Ive read through comments and must reiterate, I am not suggesting this is 100% accurate information. Im simply asking if anyone else who may have friends in or around the program have heard similar things. The friend who informed me told me about the failed drug tests that led to the suspensions for the VT game way back in late January. Its not a matter of me saying THIS IS A FACT, Im just seeing if there is any fire to this. Im hoping its not accurate and not stating that Gibson did in fact fail to show up to practice and is leaving the program. This is not an attempt at trolling or damaging the reputation of a kid, just trying to check information that was provided to me that I have reason to believe is accurate based on past experience with my friend in the department. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 206 Comments