Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Recruits Like Alt Unis

0 HS
LCT's picture
October 16, 2015 at 6:37am
34 Comments

I hear that sentiment frequently mocked, but this is in today's Dispatch:

“When you’re a recruit, all you’re thinking about is looking good on the field, and what you’re going to wear and how you’re going to look on TV,” linebacker Raekwon McMillan said. “Once you’re an actual player at the school, it really doesn’t matter anymore, because you’re thinking about what the opposing offense is going to do to you … and you’re trying not to look bad on the field.”

McMillan likes the black uniforms, in part because his Georgia high-school uniform had a similar look.

“Coach (Urban) Meyer mentioned the (Ohio State) black uniforms when he recruited me, that it was something they were thinking about but had not yet decided,” McMillan said. “It’s a college trend that’s going on, and I think it’s pretty good.”

If the best coach in the game used alternative uniforms in his pitch to help land a 5-star linebacker, that would seem to settle the issue, would it not?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments