Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defensive Line rotation

0 HS
OSUgabriel's picture
October 5, 2015 at 12:58pm
31 Comments

I am wondering what some of you guys think about switching up the d-line rotation.  Right now, we have Bosa, Lewis, Schutt, and Washington as our starting 4 and the 4 that probably play the most snaps together.  After watching the last few games (and reading what others have said) I see Schutt as a serious weak link on the defensive front 7.  I'm not picking on the guy but I just analyzing for my own amusement.  I see him rarely winning at the point of attack thus allowing a guard/tackle/center getting to the next level and locking up with Raekwon.  Raekwon is doing an amazing job palying laterally but I see him making plays up the middle for a 3-5 yard gain for the offense, mainly due to Schutt not being very disruptive.  I think what I would like to see is for Coach Johnson to move Bosa inside and have Hubbard replace Bosa and end.  Bosa is a maniac on the dline and he attracts 2-3 blockers on every play.  On passing downs move Bosa back outside but I think our defense would be so much better moving Bosa inside on running downs and allow Hubbard and Lewis one on one match ups on the outside.  Further allowing the Backers to play more downhill.  Schutt certainly played very well this week but I don't think he can sustain it through conference play.  What do you guys think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments