Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Tempo and Clock Management

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
September 29, 2015 at 1:31pm
29 Comments

With the coming of Urban and maybe more so Tom Herman, OSU moved to what we see now as a fast tempo offense. I am one who thinks that running more plays as opposed to less is certainly going to lead to more points, hence more wins. But I also think that OSU doesn't really run high tempo very fast, or very well. We have had more mistakes, false starts, DELAY OF GAME, and just confusion than I have ever seen it 20-30 years. My question is that tho " going quickly" is clearly beneficial, do we really need to try and rush things as we do ? Seems to cause more problems than is solves.

Secondly, and I know many of us have seen this. Why is our clock management so poor at times. I have watched 3-4 games, including the Bama game, where we are snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock when we should be using every second. In the Bama game we gave them the ball with 1.5 minutes, it could have been 30-35 seconds by doing nothing more than just using the play clock, instead we were again snapping the ball with 15 seconds on it. This is not a exception, just did this against N. ILL . I just don't understand how we make such fundamental mistakes like that.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments