Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Maybe a lot like Art Schlichter - OSU vs. Western Michigan

0 HS
Large Father's picture
September 24, 2015 at 11:26pm
3 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

I do OK dealing with ambiguity in real, everyday life.  I get it pretty easily...once you add a big variable to any situation, there are multiple sides to every argument and you'll never really find just one absolute truth...there is no such thing as true consensus.  That's just the way it is and I'm OK with that.  The uncontrollable element here is real people with all our human imperfection and perfected uniqueness.  Typically, I actually even like the gray-area that our natural differences create...it makes life a lot more interesting.

But, when it comes to Ohio State football, I have a little more trouble living in this space.  It's not supposed to be real life; everything should be tidy and easy to digest in 12 to 15 individual weekly chapters.  

In my mind, it was very clear - Ohio State football won the National Championship and is still really good, so they will blow out teams like Hawaii and Northern Illinois. 

But, then people with all their realness came into the equation and screwed all that up.  Real coaches who know the emotional state of their team and make their decisions...real players who are dog owners...real quarterbacks who wonder if they should have taken the money...real linemen who aren't living up to their 2014 legacy...etc. Things get so bad that I actually find myself celebrating with 100,000 other people in Ohio Stadium when Darron Lee returns an interception for a touchdown against Northern Illinois.  In my mind, I didn't plan to celebrate an individual touchdown...I expected many of them, all easy and a lot less interesting...and all not truly celebration-worthy  

I'm trying to downshift into a mode where I'm not really sure...and I'm OK with that.  The great thing about an uncertain outcome is that it makes the entire season a lot more interesting.  

I'm going to try to do myself a favor and appreciate the fact that I don't already know where this thing ends up....and just enjoy each game with optimistic anticipation that this may be the moment that Ohio State becomes perfect again.          

Touchdowns:  Zeke, Zeke, Braxton, Jalin, Curtis Samuel, Mike Thomas

OSU 45 Western Michigan 10

Go Bucks!  Beat Western Michigan!  Josh Perry for Heisman! 

Portly Pa

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments