Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Scoring 100

0 HS
SaltyD0gg's picture
July 31, 2015 at 12:58pm
52 Comments

Fresh off the new hype video, I got to thinking. Urban has stated publicly that he'd like to score 100 points in a game (or at least I think he said that). Either way, I'm curious to know what you think. It is still the off season after all.

I think it's actually possible. While I don't recall seeing it in my lifetime (at least not in a game I witnessed), let's discuss the anatomy of such a drubbing.

1. You have to have a coach willing to do it. Check.

2. You have to have a team capable of scoring points quickly and often. Check.

3. You, most likely, have to have a patsy on the schedule that day. Check (I see you Hawaii)

4. You have to score a lot early. To be seen, but we know the starters can do it.

5. You have to have a backup QB who can orchestrate it. I think we know the answer to this one.

6. The rest of your second and third stringers have to execute. At least at the skill positions, the depth is there. This one really comes down to a combo of the execution of our line and RBs and the quality of the opponents defense.

Let's keep it simple on the answers:

1 - Not a chance

2 - They'll get close but not eclipse 100

3 - Yes, they'll get there.

What say you, dubbers?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments