Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Favorite Line-up Combinations

0 HS
BuckInChicago's picture
July 24, 2015 at 1:33pm
19 Comments

Breaking news, Ohio State is loaded this upcoming season (and the season after that, and the season after that, etc...).  This has been mentioned in round-about ways previously, but for kicks and giggles I wanted to throw it out there to see what line-ups do you most want to see on the field?  The rules are as follows:

1.  Assume either JT or Cardale is on the field alone (No JT and Cardale at the same time)

2.  The QB and offensive line will stay set (11 total players-1QB-5OLinemen=5 possible skill players from which to make combinations of the rest of the lineup with at any one time)

3.  Just looking at who can be on the field; not even getting into where they'd actually line-up on plays, who would realistically be lined-up with who, etc.

Looking at the roster I saw 13 (I was conservative with picks... hence why players like Weber, Dunn, Gibson, and Hill are not listed) players who presumably will see the most playing time:

1.  Jalin Marshall –HB/WR
2.  Dontre Wilson -HB/WR
3.  Braxton Miller- HB/WR
4.  Ezekiel Elliot-RB
5.  Curtis Samuel-RB
6.  Marcus Baugh-TE
7.  Nick Vannett-TE
8.  Noah Brown-WR
9.  Parris Campbell-WR

10. Johnny Dixon-WR (Assuming Healthy)
11. Terry McLaurin-WR (Assuming Healthy
12. Corey Smith-WR
13. Michael Thomas-WR

There are 1287 combinations of 5 people from this pool of 13... given that there are 2 possible QBs you could choose from there are 2574 theoretical combinations.

So, who do you want to see lined up on the field?  No matter what there are no wrong answers, it is a good time to be a Buckeye!  Now I need to get back to work, cheers! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments