Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How do the coaches conduct fall practices?

0 HS
Ohioste's picture
July 22, 2015 at 10:54pm
15 Comments

So, I'm hoping this is a reasonable question, as I'm not looking to start a thread about the QB competition again. I looked through the pages a little bit and didn't see a topic I could piggyback on, so here I am. 

This is a question I'm not sure of and was hoping to find out.

Does anyone know how the practices are normally conducted from a QB standpoint? Every time I've seen videos of practices, normally it has the QB in a non contact jersey. 

All off season, everything has been about who the starting QB is going to be. So, if all QBs are healthy, do they go full go? If they aren't full go and play two hand touch, does that make Braxton seem more human? It's a whole lot easier to stop Braxton with two hands when you don't have to wrap him up and bring him down. Technically, the same could be said for Cardale because of his size but Braxton has more of the elusiveness. 

I know the coaches know what each QB is capable of as they've had at least 2 years with every QB. If it's an open competition and if it's about what can you do for me right now, does it hurt Braxton a little that he doesn't get to show his ability to create and break tackles?

Personally, I trust the coaches with whoever the choose and it's nice to know there's not really a "bad" choice. They were just talking about some things on 97.1 yesterday afternoon and it got me thinking and was hoping to get some thoughts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments