Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Kirk Herbstreit: "Special Night For Me"

0 HS
Icouldnotgofor3's picture
May 17, 2015 at 8:12pm
58 Comments

I ran into this radio interview clip from the Mike & Mike show on the morning of January 13 after the Buckeyes dismantled Oregon 42-20 in the national title game to win the 1st ever CFP championship. 

I know there are some who may have questioned Kirk's integrity as to what team he truly follows, especially in light of the Tressel fiasco a few years ago. As for me personally, I've met him on three (3) separate occasions. Once at the spring game of 1989 when he was battling Jason Frank as a back-up QB, the second time after he called the Ohio State-Notre Dame game for ESPN in 1996 in South Bend. I gave him a ride from Columbus airport to his home out in the Hilliard area. (that was great football talk we had), and the 3rd time at the Ohio State spring game in 2003 in the radio booth outside the shoe. He gave my wife and I autographs that day and was gracious enough for a picture also. 

Even though he does work for ESPN, his football knowledge is quite remarkable, and, he's also a great announcer during the games. We all know about the SEC and ESPN deal and amount involved, yada, yada, yada, etc, etc ad nauseum. Over the years, I have never doubted Kirk's love for his alma mater in spite of everything people have said about him or the names they have called him as well. He's a BUCKEYE through and through, and I wanted to post this clip so that you could hear it in his own words. 

The segment that is revealing starts at the 50:45 mark and ends at 51:27. Also, if anyone noticed his attire/suits on the shows, many times they are scarlet and gray combination. A subtle but clear message to those who can see perhaps. I think that Kirk does have those Scarlet and Gray googles in safe keeping. If you do not agree with me about Kirk, that's fine but please keep your comments at least clean and without head strong vitriol and within the 11W commenting guidelines. You all rock.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments