Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Does anybody else find it it hard to hate Michigan State?

0 HS
Buckeyejohn's picture
January 23, 2015 at 12:06pm
79 Comments

This is a completely superfluous post, but I'm bored at work so I'm going to post it anyway......I was looking at Ohio State's schedule for next year and my blood instantly began to boil when I thought about facing Virginia Tech, Penn State, and Michigan. I hate them all and I hope we beat each of them until they don't have an ounce of manhood left. I then thought about Indiana and Minn and realized I was still getting angry at the prospect of facing them again after closer than expected contests this year. I hope we put up 70 against each of them! However, I realized that I was unable to generate any hate/anger for Michigan State. Michigan State represents our greatest threat, but for some reason I feel nothing but respect for them. I'm not sure if this is because: 

1. Dantonio is a Tress disciple who created a savage defense while at OSU and thus I am forever in his debt for the hurt he put on Miami in 2002 title game

2. The schadenfreude from MSU beating Michigan every year is delicious!

3. I respect the hell out of MSU for beating Georgia, Stanford, and Baylor in recent bowl games

4. Dantonio/Izzo duo represents what is so good about college athletics....That duo only takes a backseat to Meyer/Matta in my obviously biased opinion. 

5. We have had a ton of success against them on the gridiron and Urban Meyer has me convinced that he is the football ubermensch!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments