Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Alabama fans you know

0 HS
cplunk's picture
December 19, 2014 at 1:58pm
40 Comments

Just curious and wanted to get a read on how any Alabama fans that 11W posters might know see this game.

I have the grave misfortune to work with an extremely high number of SEC fans, but only three of them are Alabama fans:

One assures me that at no point will Ohio State advance the ball beyond its own 38. I have to admit, the specificity of his prediction made me curious so I asked how he derived that number. He said he thinks at some point Bama will have a kickoff go out of bounds and we'll get three yards over the next three downs on that drive. His score prediction was "a whole lot to zero." He also wishes both Braxton and JT Barrett were healthy so we "would have no excuses."

The second is typically the loudest trash talker of the crew, but he surprised me. He asked me if the Buckeyes he saw against Wisconsin were how the team has been playing because, in his words, "that was scary". He is confident Bama will win, but he doesn't take the game lightly. 

The third listens politely to everything I say about the Bucks, but has the same look on his face that parents have when their children say something child like. He clearly thinks I can't possibly know anything about football because I don't root for an SEC team. He did say that he thinks we "might score some" because our offense "is good for the B1G".

Oddly, the most dismissive of our chances is the Florida fan down the hall. He asked me "d'y'all really think he can compete with Bama?" and then snorted. He said he hopes we don't return the opening kickoff for a TD because "that leads to a** kickin's." Wish I hadn't talked to him; didn't need the 06 reference.

ANybody know any Bama fans? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments