Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The SEC looks like ASS.

0 HS
BamaMike's picture
September 28, 2014 at 2:39am
58 Comments

I've watched every game, this year, and every team looks... mediocre. 

I hear writers, talking heads, magazines, newspapers... everywhere, talking about how the SEC schedule is rough, how we "beat each other up" and all of that.  It's usually true, at least among the few teams at the top of an EXTREMELY top heavy conference.  

This year?  This year, we're not beating each other up, we just can't get out of each other's way.  I've seen games that were firmly in hand, only to slip away with awful play calling, clock management, discipline, etc.  You name it, we've done it, if it's bad. I haven't been impressed with anyone, really.  Every time an SEC team has looked good, it's been against a weak opponent.  Even my beloved Tide has only really looked good versus Florida, if you discount the 4 turnovers. Four turnovers against a good team will get you beat, plain and simple.  

Texas A&M is incredibly overrated. I just wish they'd go ahead and lose so I don't have to hear it anymore. Auburn, while they have flashes of brilliance, still ride Lady Luck's coattails like it's their job.  That "insanely hard" schedule they had doesn't look quite so difficult, now, once I've seen them play. 

LSU, UGA, Tennesee, Ole Miss and Mississippi State are middle of the road teams, period.  Not middle of the road in the conference, middle of the road in general.  

College Football has always been cyclical.  One conference seems to be dominant for a while, then another takes over, then another.  The fall off is usually a little more gradual than this, though.  It's like the wheels fell off all at once.  I'm just hoping Alabama figures out their problems on defense (secondary, mostly), and can cruise though their laughable schedule, then catch fire at the end.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments