Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Let's not fire these coaches yet..

0 HS
northernchild's picture
September 8, 2014 at 1:41pm
10 Comments

Correct me if I'm wrong (I may be), but of the starting offensive linemen, all but price were recruited in "urban's" first class or prior (freshmen in 2012). First, I'm not sure how many of them urban sought out or simply retained in that class (hence the quotes). Second, only decker, boren, and elflein were OL recruits. Of them, only decker was a 4 star recruit. What I'm trying to say is this: the OL is made up of players who were either poor OL recruits or converted DL recruits. Compound that with the fact that playing experience and communication are most important for this squad (aka, the freshmen probably won't be much help), and I think it's going to take some time for the OL to get better (which Warriner can certainly do). There were clearly other problems in that game, but I think we could've won with a more experienced and talented OL, which was mostly inherited rather than recruited. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments