Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Other CBB Games

+10 HS
nomatta's picture
November 10, 2021 at 8:58am
112 Comments

...I am feeling a bit discouraged about our season, even though it's as early as can be. I'm glad that we pulled out a tough win against an Akron team who did a good job competing and who had a couple guys playing really well. But just from watching us play, I don't see the guys we need on the court to compete with T25 teams. We are in for a world of hurt unless we can get healthy. Right now we have almost no advantages over other decent to good teams and way too much is on EJ's and Key's shoulders. We have a lot of supplementary guys who have bigger roles than they should right now. I watched Kansas vs. MSU and UK vs. Duke last night and 3 out of those 4 teams would destroy us, and I'm not so sure MSU wouldn't, too. A lot of teams make up for lacking in size/athleticism/elite talent with good perimeter play, but we don't even have that. We have a hodge-podge backcourt (with Meechie erratic and Russell looking barely playable) and a frontcourt that is almost totally dependent on two guys that are 6'5 and 6'8. I do like Wheeler on D, I think you have to play him a lot and hope he gets a little more comfortable on offense, even if just with the distributing. Branham needs to play as much as possible, one of the only legit talents on the whole team. Keep mixing in Brown and Ahrens, I guess, but say a lot of prayers for Sueing and Young cuz our projected strength was at the forward spots and we don't have that strength right now, so we don't really have any strengths other than we've got EJ. Wheeler, Branham, Brown, EJ, Key could maaaybe become a solid 5 if necessary but the offense would be very sketchy unless Brown or Wheeler can find a groove on that end. Ugh. Trying to be hopeful but yeah, this might have been a season where it would have been nice to have mostly cupcake games in the OOC, help build up some of the younger guys while hopefully at least one of Sueing or Young gets closer to 100%. I can see us losing a lot of games this season unless we can start catching some breaks.

Mod Edit: Cleaned up the click bait title.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 112 Comments