Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

George Washington III Commits to Ohio State

+4 HS
oprettyricky's picture
November 3, 2021 at 10:25am
8 Comments

Didn't see a red banner or any official post yet but the No. 50 overall prospect in the 2023 class (#2 in Kentucky), George Washington III, has committed to the Ohio State Buckeyes. 6'2" and 165 lbs CG. The class of 2023 'founding father' to get the BasketBucks class rollin?

Picked the good guys over Louisville, Indiana, Tennessee and Auburn amongst others.

The 6-foot-2, 165-pound combo guard out of Louisville (Ky.) Christian Academy of Louisville committed to the Buckeyes over offers from Louisville, Indiana, Tennessee and Auburn amongst others.

“It’s a combination of things,” said Washington III. “Throughout this process two things have stuck out. One being I wanted to go to a place that needs me and can use me in their system and they fit that. The Big Ten is a great place and the school is a great place. I found a school that checks all of the boxes and doesn’t have any negatives. I can’t ask for anything better than that. It seemed like like the right time.”

Washington III committed to Chris Holtmann shortly after an official visit to Columbus this past weekend.

“Really I feel like being on campus solidified everything,” he said. “They’ve been at the top of my list and just being there I’ve drawn closer to the program more and more. I got to know the team way better than I did beforehand and seeing the school again was special.”

Full link here

Got this surprising notification on my phone from ESPN on it during work and wanted to share. Holtmann is rollin! Also hat tip to the crowd at the PSU game because I am sure he took that atmosphere in too! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments