Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Chris Holtmann Isn't Going to IU

0 HS
Colin Hass-Hill's picture
March 26, 2021 at 10:33pm
84 Comments

There's an ongoing Media Fight in the mean streets of Indiana hoops Twitter about what actually happened in regard to Indiana's interest in Chris Holtmann. Watching that chaos from afar should make us all happy to not have to go through the days/weeks/months of paying attention to the absurdity of a coaching search.

But...

I figured I'd pass along what I know about the situation. There's a front page article up, but that's largely aggregated from the initial reports.

IU was, from what I'm told, interested in Holtmann. This wasn't just a situation of an agent simply floating his name to a reporter for a raise/extension or something like that. It never got to the point where there were face-to-face meetings or conversations (which is why the report that Dolson never spoke to Holtmann is true), but an IU rep did reach out early this week to gauge his interest. The interest was real from the Hoosiers' side of things. This wasn't a courtesy call. IU stayed in contact/followed up to see if it might be able to get him onboard, hoping to get something done as soon as this week. But ultimately, at some point in the last 36 hours, they were turned down. 

So, that's that. Holtmann's staying at Ohio State. IU's search continues.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments