Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Basketball Ceiling

+4 HS
stantmann's picture
March 20, 2021 at 1:46pm
66 Comments

I like Chris Holtmann alot, but I also liked Earle Bruce alot too. Like Earle, it is obvious Chris is a great coach,  but recruiting leaves a lot to be desired. Let me be clear, I am not calling for his job, it is way too soon for that.

Part of what made Urban great was his recruiting. It has to start there. This is Ohio State, we have to figure out why most of the best recruits aren't even considering OSU lately. In terms of Final Fours (10), only 5 schools have more appearances than OSU, and they play in the Big ten, so it is not like OSU doesn't get the notoriety. Other big ten schools do more with less. 

Thad brought us to a higher level, then he complained about recruiting. Is it possible these other schools (boosters) are paying the players, and Thad would not play that game, and neither will Chris? 

Where do we want our ceiling to be for OSU basketball? Is above average enough for our football school? Can Chris get us to where we strive to be, or are we already where we strive to be (above average basketball school)?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 66 Comments