Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Why is OSU Basketball Not a Destination for 5 Star Players?

+5 HS
Qujo's picture
January 9, 2021 at 10:54am
113 Comments

So I keep following and hoping for the Bucks to take to the next level, be in contention to win the B1G, and get a top 4 seed in the NCAA tournament. Our recruiting classes since 2018 are #27, #14, #40, #44 and for 2022 we are currently ranked #1 with two 4 stars and a 3 star.  Seriously doubt we will sniff the top 15 with that same glide path. And within that same time period, we have not recruited any five stars. The last 5 star was the 2014 recruiting class, DeAngelo Russel. So it got me thinking and curious, so what keeps the Basketball Bucks from recruiting higher-rated talent like the Football Bucks consistently do?

Facilities? Not the same focus from the athletic department? recruiting budget? 

Not disappointed in the Bucks or their efforts on the court, yet I am curious what it will take to be more on par with the way the football team recruits talent from all over the country. 

Thanks in advance for your insight. 

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 113 Comments