Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Other Basketball Recruiting Options

+13 HS
IronPastor's picture
May 24, 2017 at 12:37pm
52 Comments

Now that James Daniel and MJ Walker are off the table and assuming(barring a mircale) that Cam Johnson goes to UNC and not us....who is left to go after?

I know many people will bash some of these players because they aren't 5 star recruits, but I am trying to come up with some ideas of potential players who could come in and at least contribute.

Two players recruited highly by Illinois might be available.  Illinois picked up Mark Alstork from WSU..

Alonzo Verge Jr.  (3 Star)6'3 CG from Chicago area.  

Javon Pickett (3 Star) 6'5 SG from Bellville, IL.  Pickett asked for a release of his LOI. 

Other possible targets...

Jalen Coleman-Lands Sophomore (Transferring from Illinois, would have to sit out a year). 6'3 SG avg 8ppg last year and shot 42% from 3 land.

Parker Stewart 6'5 PG (3 or 4 star) from Columbus, asked out of LOI from Ole Miss.

There may be more out there, but I am hoping we can add another guard and maybe another Center to the roster to give support to Kaleb Wesson. (Tanaveer Bhullar from NMSU 7'3 345), (Maricus Glenn from Savannah St 6'11 240), (Benas Griciunas from Charlotte 7' 230)(Blaise Mbargorba from Boston U 7' 230)(Dylan Johns from CSU Northridge 6'11 245)

I don't know whether Thad and the staff are going after any of these players, but they are options to add to the roster for this season.  Either way, I hope we add someone before the season starts...oh, and GO Buckeyes!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments