Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Gridiron and Hardwood...OSU Best combined?

0 HS
Cbusian's picture
November 18, 2014 at 8:12pm
8 Comments

Sitting here watching another Buckeye team with loads of potential on the hard wood, I just realized how lucky we Buckeye fans are.  What schools in the P5 have current legitimate stud programs in the Football and Basketball?  Going conference by conference the answer is: not many.  By stud programs I mean capable of winning championships every year.  An expectation of winning (on a national level) year in and year out.  Yes Baseball, Track, or even Hockey and we have a different discussion but none of those sports are nationwide ratings/income giants like football and hoops.

ACC              

In: None

Close: Louisville (Football national contender? Nope/Florida State (competitive in hoops but sweet sixteen or bust? Nope/Duke (competitive in football is not expecting to win the crown)

SEC

In: *Florida (only if I had a time machine)

Close: none

BIG

In: Ohio State, Michigan State & Wisconsin

Close: none

Big 12

In: Oklahoma (see below)

Close: Oklahoma (do they really expect a sweet sixteen or better every season?)

PAC 10

In: none

Close: Oregon (see Oklahoma)

The Bucks seem to have the most complete programs--when taken together--over the last 5 or so years. So who did I leave out?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments