Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Too much of a stretch?

0 HS
NuthouseFan01's picture
August 8, 2014 at 3:39pm
7 Comments

Somebody please tell me if I'm overly optimistic here, but I believe this years team has the potential to make a Final Four run.  Although we will miss the intangibles and leadership Craft offered and the scoring of Q, this years team should be better than last years.

You could argue scoring will be an issue again this year but I don't see that being the case.  This freshman class has scorers, and if Thompson and Scott prove themselves as scorers, which they showed flashes of last year, then we could be dangerous on the offensive end.  Also, Kam Williams is flying a little under the radar but he can shoot the ball and will undoubtedly have a positive impact on this offense.  The only question mark on offense this year is the center position but Lee should be able to fill that void. I am not completely discounting Amir because I think he could definitely have a much better season considering the scoring will be more spread out, hopefully opening up some space for him to work down low. If Thad can get this offense to fire on all cylinders, which I believe he can, then I think we can put up some big numbers.  I also think we will have one of the best defenses in the B1G again, so I am not too concerned there.

IMHO, with the combination of experience, raw talent, and depth, I think this Buckeye team has the ability to make some serious noise...

Side note- It is a crime that we are not ranked in the preseason top 25.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments