College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

How far will "skipping games" go for potential NFL talent?

+6 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
August 7, 2017 at 11:47am
45 Comments

Obviously last year the two big names that skipped their teams bowl games were Leonard Fournette and Christian McCaffrey.

I can never fault someone for watching out for themselves and protecting their bottom line. It makes the games less entertaining, and we'd all love to see those top tier guys perform in their last college game, but I can't ever tell a guy to do something that he feels gives him a better chance to make more money at the next level and get a leg up and start healthy.

That being said, how far does this go?  We know that now we can probably anticipate a larger number of guys skipping their bowl games, whether that's 3, or 30 is yet to be seen, but does anyone expect players to skip out on the end of the regular season?

If a team is headed to a conference title game, but has virtually no hope of playing in the CFB playoff, will a player skip the conference title game?

I certainly hope not, but again, as fans, can we criticize these players who have such a short shelf-life anyway?

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments