College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Texas Football Recruiting

+3 HS
shawn kemps kids's picture
June 5, 2017 at 11:09am
36 Comments

Texas Tom is got something going on down there. Might be hard to pull some of those Texas boys from here on out. Goodness. I know Strong was a good recruiter but he blew it with in state recruiting. Only 6 recruits that were ranked in the Texas Top 10 over the course of 4 years ('14-'17). And 3 of those came in one year.

Herman, after a rough but late start in 2017, is off to a terrific start in 2018. While top recruit Anthony Cook looks to be headed to the good guys, Texas is favored to land BJ Foster (#2 in Texas, #16 nationally per 247 Comp), Brennan Eagles (#3/#23), Jaylen Waddle (#6/#57), Jalen Green (#7,#65), Al'vonte Woodard (#9/#72), and Keondre Coburn (#11/#93) while already landing commitments from Caden Sterns (#4/#42) and Demarvion Overshown (#13/#102).

Whats crazy to me is they already have two top 200 QBs committed. Casey Thomspon, a dual threat QB ranked 183, and Cameron Rising, a pro style QB ranked 136, who they just flipped from Oklahoma. But what brought me to write this thread was the fact 11W's own Andrew Ellis CB'd Tanner McKee, the #58th best player in the 2018 class to Texas. Now I realize all 3 signing with Texas in 8 months is slim to none and that Herman is a QB whisperer, but it's crazy they will have commitments from 3 top 20 QBs in a single class.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments