Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Planes, Trains & Automobiles - Travel Woes and Pet Peeves

+19 HS
KBonay's picture
August 8, 2018 at 12:17pm
215 Comments

The back half of this calendar year is loaded with travel for me.  New York, Chicago, Detroit (football Saturday wedding), Germany & Spain, Montreal, Columbus (Nebraska Game) and Cabo.  It just reminds me how much I dislike traveling.  Not the destination, but getting there.

Getting stuck in the security line behind someone that has no idea they can't take liquids on a plane.  The dude that brings his 4-course meal on the plane that is loaded with onions.  The lady who has her travel pet under her seat that take up half of your leg room.  Or the window seat person with the bladder of a two-year-old.

Delays and Cancellations.  I've literally seen every single gate at Chicago O'Hare trying to find a flight after multiple delays.  I've also seen cots laid out in baggage claim when they have cancelled all flights.  I avoid O'hare at all costs, unless that is my destination. 

And don't get me started about trains.  Hungover and on a train might be the worst possible combination since pineapple on a pizza.

How about Uber?  Ever get the guy that just wants to chat about everything?  Dude, there is a reason I have headphones in.

So let's hear it.  What travel woes have you encountered?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 215 Comments