Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Future of Columbus

+1 HS
Breadman's picture
May 20, 2018 at 8:56pm
56 Comments

I love this city. I wasn't born here, but I have been here for the past 21 years and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I work closely with the people who are in charge of changing this city, and man, by the time I move back to Columbus (in about 5 years) it is going to be completely different. It has already changed so much in the past 10 years, and it is only going to grow/change. 

For those who live, or frequently visit this great city, what developments are you looking forward to most? I am excited for the North Market Tower and the Millennial Tower building, but most of all, I am excited to see the development of Franklinton. The downtown area is only going to continue to expand west, and the area behind COSI and the new (national) Vets Memorial is going to be fantastic when it starts getting developed. The neighborhood is already experiencing plenty of change as the new project behind Vets, and the new breweries in the area is bringing more people to the area, and changing the negative stigma of "The Bottoms."

If anyone spends any amount of time downtown, you will notice that the area is full of construction. In the next 7 years, the downtown population will go from approx 8,000 to about 20,000 residents. That is a lot of growth in a short amount of time. Believe it or not, there is a very good chance the new Amazon HQ will come to Columbus, and that will just create another cluster of people. Some people will hate it, but as someone who is excited about the growth of this city, I welcome it. 

I'm just curious to hear from the residents what you are most excited for, what you are not looking forward to, and other Columbus development talk. Columbus is going to be the place to be in the midwest, if it already isn't. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments