Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Saying goodbye to the world of work?

+30 HS
lamplighter's picture
August 3, 2017 at 11:06am
41 Comments

Well, I’ve thought for some time about this day.  After 40+ years in the work-force, I’m retiring today.

I’ve been pretty lucky with the jobs I’ve held, made a lot of friends and in one of my old jobs, saw some parts of the state that I would likely not have visited on my own.  My most recent job involved a number of trips to Chicago and DC, but also places like Kansas City, San Antonio, San Diego and New Orleans.

Not entirely sure what my plans are, other than spending more time on 11W and trying to re-learn golf after spending the last 4 years worried about some ruptured discs.  I’ve had to be quiet about political issues thanks to Mr. Hatch Act, so I think I might try to blog on various non-sports issues.  I’ve sent out some feelers about teaching some classes in my area of “expertise” (said very loosely), but nothing definite yet.

And I do have a new granddaughter (my first), who came into this world at 29 weeks and spent her first 2 months in the NICU at Ohio State.  I intend to spoil her rotten.

Anyway, if you pour a shot tonight, have a second one on me.

See ya around campus.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments