Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XXXI

+7 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
July 17, 2017 at 4:33pm
16 Comments

What's up, fellas? I'm back again with some more great tunes.

Up first we have a double-header. When you think of musical covers you have to understand that the majority of them are either bad or unnecessary, which isn't to say there aren't some amazing covers. Here is one such cover I find amazing, in no small part because it defies expectation. Depeche Mode is the last band you'd imagine would offer quality material for a melodic death metal band like In Flames, and yet here we have In Flames' cover of Depeche Mode's Everything Counts. Both good sounds, both very different in sound, but also recognizable as the same song after a close listen.

Up next is a fresh little hiphop number outta Finland. This is "Freestyler" by Bomfunk MC's (yeah, I don't get the apostrophe either).

Next is a song that just always makes me think of scoring goals on FIFA 16. This is "Hangin" by Bastille.

And lastly, a classic song that doesn't get nearly enough love. Probably one of the most relaxing, melifluous, and heartfelt ballads to come out of the ballad-saturated 1980s. This is Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity."

"If you open your mind for me, you won't rely on open eyes to see..."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments